Unless you’ve been living under a rock (or on vacation), you’re aware of the the situation Dan Cathy, President of Chick-fil-A has found himself in. For years, he’s been donating money to Christian groups that oppose gay marriage. He has a right to give his money to whoever he wishes. And while I’d love to know just how pure and affair-free the marriages of these people are, I have a right to disagree with his stance and promote alternative meals – especially those in the form of fresh vegetables.
Dan Cathy should think less about the sanctity of marriage and more about the sanctity of his chicken. God only knows where that’s coming from.
We’re in the dead heat of Summer, and the markets are exploding with freshness. So the timing is ripe. Get knee deep in all of the vegetables and fruits that you can and enjoy the best vegetables of the year. With the help of a mandoline, I was able to enjoy a new raw root vegetable salad from Chris Cosentino that blows the doors off of Cathy’s poor attempt to rip of the Colonel, and provides a far healthier alternative.
Welcome to Season 6 of My Life as a Foodie.
Download Episode 97
In this episode:
• The bitch came back
• Michael Phelps will retire next week. Will he retire his diet?
• For a bunch of foodies, we sure don’t spend a lot on food.
• Beer Review: Stone Smoked Porter with Vanilla & Chipotle Peppers
• Foie Gras is officially banned in California, but nothing’s changing
• Jose Andres tells it just like it is
• Chick-fil-A supports anti-gay-marriage groups, Cat Cora gets hammered & drives home
• Chris Cosentino’s Dirty Vegetables
• Grilled Eggplant Cannelloni with Ricotta & Proscuitto
• Adam Carolla exposes the lyrics to the “Roach Coach Song” (and they’re not pretty)
Music in this episode: